Hall McKnight

Photograph c. 1949 showing the demolition of the early nineteenth century vaults, which were part of the original Somerset house complex, following damage sustained during a WWII bombing raid.

The vaults are located in the Quadrangle of Kings College London, and following their demolition they were replaced by the Quadrangle Building in 1952; our project to redevelop the quadrangle proposes to replace this 1950s building.